Bodhi Day Celebration Sunday December 3 at 10:30 AM
Date and Time:
- Bodhi Day Ceremony Sunday December 3, 10:30 am;
- Membership Meeting at about 11:30, immediately after the ceremony
- Potluck after Membership Meeting
Location: Show Me Dharma, 1600 West Broadway
Cost: Offered on a dana (donation) basis
- Join us Sunday December 3 at 10:30 AM for our celebration of Bodhi Day, a brief SMD membership meeting, and a potluck of finger foods afterward. Bodhi Day is the commemoration of the Buddha’s enlightenment. It is also the celebration of the capacity we all have to awaken to truth, peace, and compassion. At the ceremony, members of the Show Me Dharma Teachers Collective will lead the group in chanting the Buddhist refuges and precepts. We will have a brief meditation, and engage in a cording ceremony. Any member of the Show Me Dharma community, and their family and friends are invited.
- Following the ceremony, we will have a brief membership meeting and all are welcome. The purpose of this meeting is to vote on new and renewing board of trustees members for Show Me Dharma.
- We will then share fellowship and a potluck of finger foods. Please bring a favorite vegetarian snack to share. All are welcome. Please join us and bring family and friends!